Saturday 31 March 2012

Nubar Toasted Marshmallow with a 70s Twist

As I said before, Nubar - Toasted Marshmallow has become a favourite not so much because it's a great colour on its own, but because I have been looking for this colour for designs I want to do. Here is the first one in a style that is full of late 70s nostalgia, a time where this sort of yellow along with brown and warm red was very fashionable - or at least that is the impression we are left with. Of course I added a Carpenters song to match the mood!




The breakdown
Base colour: Nubar - Toasted Marshmallow (2 coats)
Stamping polish: Le Chat Cm - 04 Brown Nail Art Polish
Plate: Konad m65
No topcoat.

I decided not to use a topcoat with this but instead take advantage of the matte finish that this brown polish has and add some texture to the mani even if it meant it wouldn't be as long lasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...