Monday 16 July 2012

Lazy Days of Summer Challenge Day 1: Beach Theme

I decided to be a bit more social with my blog and what better way is there than to enter a challenge? I asked Karine [check her blog out if you haven't, it's great and she's such a lovely person!] a while ago about this and she introduced me to the 'Lazy Days of Summer Challenge'. Now this challenge couldn't be more different from what this summer has been so far and will probably continue to be: wet and busy.

Here is my entry for the beach theme. I had waves crushing on a sandy beach in mind when I did this. I used Olay - 685 Eternal Gold, a beige with gold that is just like a sandy beach under the sun, as a base. Then I used a combination of dark and light blue chrome polish (Stargazer 233 and 236) and Drikk Drk-B plate for stamping. I really like how it came out. 



9 comments:

  1. This is breathtakingly beautiful! I love the mix of textures/finishes you chose and the stamp reminds me of hidden cities underneath the sea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the idea of lost cities under the sea, sunken monuments and anything to do with water the sea really so I'm glad you saw that :D

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, and it almost looks like a gradient the way the light reflects off of your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it is a gradient. The top is lighter than the bottom. I'll write a tut on it soon!

      Delete
  3. OMG, Elysse- you have done it again!! This is stunningly gorgeous. This is truly breathtaking!! You are a gifted artist!! I can think of nobody more deserving of a blog award than you!! I am nominating you for the Liebster Award!!

    http://lolassecretbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award-2.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Thank you so much! That is so sweet of you!

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome, and so deserving!! xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...