Monday 16 July 2012

Rachel Weisz's Evanora Manicure: Wicked Love!

The other day I saw this amazing picture of Rachel Weisz as the wicked witch Evanora for the upcoming film Oz the Great and Powerful; she's so beautiful! Of course I also noticed her fabulous manicure and I simply had to replicate it asap. 
The problem was that I had to file my nails short on my left had (the one you usually see) because I broke a nail and the manicure would look really wrong on short nails. The ones on my right hand were a bit longer though so I decided to take the plunge and try it out. Excuse the imperfections, I am not that skilled at doing designs with my left hand!
The off-white base is 3 layers of Color Club - Oh My Versailles!, the black polish is Bourjois - Noir de Chine. I did the iridescent details using a nail foil in the design Opal Swirl topped with Seche Vite. Nail foils are my latest craze, especially this opal one. I find the colour swirls mezmerizing! I wasn't sure if it is a thin stripe of foil or a nail polish that they used on Evanora's nails, but I thought it would look more interesting like this.

I hope you like it!
X

2 comments:

  1. I *love* these! I wish I had a steady enough hand to do it myself. Looking forward to the film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For three of the nails I was ok with doing it freehand, but for the other two(thumb and middle) I used scotch tape. Maybe you could try it with some tape, too. It's a strange manicure as it looks a bit like your nails are triangular, but it feels nice on!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...