Thursday 16 April 2015

The new Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Colours! Don’t pink of it, So Hap’pink and Beau Brun

I absolutely love the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks. I have 67(I had forgotten one in my bag) of them already and no8 (Grand Cru) has been my Holy Grail red this year. I have been wearing it morning, noon and night for months now and get withdrawal symptoms if I don’t get to wear it for more than a week. I find that all the Rouge Edition Velvet colours, even the ones I imagined would be too yellow-leaning (like 04 Peach Club) are actually neutral or with pink undertones which means I can wear them without looking drained and without worrying that my teeth will look yellow.

These do stay put for a long long time and are very well pigmented. I have found different ways of wearing them from more natural to full saturation, which I didn’t think I would be able to do at first. If you’re unsure about the applicator, I had never used or even liked liquid lipsticks before and found it very easy to learn. Even I am surprised by how precise I can be with the application now. All you need to remember is that it will look and feel a lot better if you apply it on well moisturised lips.

You can imagine how excited I was to see three new colours in the range:
10 - Don’t pink of it: if you were disappointed by how not nude both 09 Happy Nude Year(bright pinky peach) and 07 Nude-ist (dark MLBB kind of colour) were, then this pinkish beige is probably the one for you.
11 –So Hap’pink: a beautiful blue-leaning pink. This line was missing a middle-of the road colour like this that will look flattering and more natural.
12 – Beau Brun: a red-based brown. Very unusual to come up with a colour like this for a spring collection, but I suppose we have Pantone’s colour Marsala to blame for that. Fans of Marsala should definitely try Beau Brun. Those who care to recreate the ‘90s look, 07 and 12 are the most ‘90s colours in the collection.

I should note that the bottle for my favourite colour, 08 Grand Cru was completely dried up and 02 Frambourjoise wasn’t in a great state either. As I have both colours, I might swatch them on a separate post. The colours are: 

01 Personne ne rouge!
02 Frambourjoise
03 Hot Pepper
04 Peach Club 
05 Ole flamingo! 
06 Pink Pong
07 Nude-ist
X- dried up 08 Grand Cru
09 Happy Nude Year
10 Dont pink of it
11 So Hap’pink
12 Beau Brun


In-store lights

In-store lights

In-store lights

Natural light (in the shade)

Natural light (in the shade)

Natural light (direct sunlight)

Natural light (direct sunlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...