La Roche-Posay’s ANTHELIOS XL SPF 50+ Dry touch gel-cream Anti-shine(non-affiliated link) is my current favourite and I’m already on my second tube. It does everything I needed it to do and a bit more. Let’s bullet-point the positives to keep things short:
- Protection from both UV-A and UV-B (high SPF),
- Water-resistant, which means it’s not going to slip away when you sweat(something inevitable when it’s 35+C outside) and it’s not going to wash away when you’re sea bathing.
- My skin feels velvety soft afterwards and it doesn't shine,
- It can be used as a primer if you choose to wear a BB cream or foundation on top since it has silicone in. In fact I find it to be better at that job than actual primers which simply don’t cut it in such a warm climate,
- It keeps my skin from getting dehydrated and it’s moisturising for the dry areas of my face,
- No white cast,
- No irritation. There is also a non-perfumed version for those who do not like perfume in their products. I would prefer this one, but it doesn't seem to be available in Greece at the moment.
My skin feels a lot better since I started using it and though I was sceptical when I started using it, it’s definitely won me over.
Here’s the ingredients list :
AQUA / WATER,HOMOSALATE, ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE, SILICA, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, OCTOCRYLENE, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE
I hope you’re having a nice summer so far! Have you been on a holiday yet?XxX